Legal Guidance When Selling A Co-op
With the current state of the real estate market, selling any type of property can be extremely challenging. If you wish to sell a co-op apartment in New York, simply finding a qualified buyer can be difficult. Speak to an experienced real estate attorney to protect your interests and make sure that when you do find a buyer, the sale proceeds smoothly and efficiently.
At Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP, we have been serving clients throughout the New York City and Long Island areas for more than 60 years. We have represented thousands of clients over several generations in real estate transactions and, specifically, in the sale of co-op apartments.
Attorneys For Co-Op Contract Negotiations And Other Legal Services
Our clients know they can rely on us for assistance throughout every step of a real estate transaction. Attorney Lynn L. Sirotkin has over 30 years of extensive real estate experience and routinely performs closings for our real estate clients. We handle a wide range of issues for clients selling co-ops in New York, including:
- Preparing the contract of sale
- Negotiating the terms of the co-op contract with the purchaser’s attorney
- Reviewing the closing fees charged by the co-op, including flip taxes and transfer fees
- Ordering the payoff documents from the seller’s lender
- Ensuring any judgment or lien is satisfied at closing
- Scheduling and coordinating the closing with all parties, including the payoff lender
- Attending the closing and preparing all transfer documents
- Attaining estate tax releases of liens, if necessary
- Providing clients with closing statements
Contact Our Real Estate Lawyers
Our number one goal is to protect our clients’ interests. We have built our reputation by providing high-quality representation and working hard for our clients. To discuss your legal needs regarding a cooperative apartment transaction, contact us by email or call 866-679-2513 or 718-577-2573 today.