Knowledgeable Orthopedic Injury Attorneys
Modern medicine has developed amazing prosthetic joints that can provide many years of pain-free motion, function and enjoyment to patients’ lives when properly sized and surgically implanted. Sometimes, though, prosthetic procedures are performed incorrectly, or improper or inadequate rehabilitative care is provided, resulting in injuries, incapacity and even death.
The Queens law firm of Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP, has successfully handled hundreds of medical malpractice cases, including orthopedic and joint replacement errors resulting from:
- Failure to correctly place, fit or size the prosthesis
- Damage to the bone, including a cracking of the bone as the prosthesis is forcibly inserted, and subsequent failure to correct the fracture
- Improper mixing of adhesives and epoxy and failure to allow epoxy to dry properly
- The presence of pockets, voids and spaces where the prosthesis meets the bone (which can lead the prosthesis to loosen and fail)
- The development of deep-vein thromboses and thrombo-embolisms
- The improper monitoring and treatment of adhesions and scar tissues following surgery
- Failure to provide adequate post-surgery physical therapy
In one case, our client developed avascular necrosis following a doctor’s overprescription of prednisone. The error destroyed his hip and led to the need for hip replacement. We secured an $850,000 settlement.
Decades Of Experience With Orthopedic Medical Malpractice
Our seasoned attorneys have decades of legal experience handling orthopedic-related medical malpractice claims. In addition, we employ three paralegals who have collectively worked with us for over 60 years and who concentrate in medical malpractice cases. Further:
- We have the resources to thoroughly prepare cases for trial and to carry clients’ expenses for the duration of their case
- Access to the high-level medical experts whose testimony can make or break a medical malpractice case
Our legacy includes thousands of satisfied customers who were injured from accidents and from medical negligence. One recent medical negligence client wrote that our firm: “stood up to [a] hospital giant and resolved my case to my satisfaction. [Firm attorneys] were very knowledgeable in hospital procedures along with all the legal issues [and] the staff was readily available to answer all my questions and calm my worries.”
Contact Our New York Joint Replacement Error Lawyers
For more information about our legal team and how we can help you hold a medical professional or hospital accountable for your orthopedic or joint replacement injuries, please contact our firm at 866-679-2513 or 718-577-2573.