Confidently Protecting The Rights Of Victims Of Medical Malpractice
The father of modern medicine wrote of doctors’ obligation to “do no harm,” yet medical mistakes and doctor malpractice can lead to serious injuries and even death. If a health care provider’s malpractice has harmed you or a loved one, you should hire an experienced medical malpractice attorney to ensure that your rights are protected.
Our attorneys at Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP, are highly experienced in handling medical malpractice cases for clients in Queens, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and throughout New York. Our firm is committed to holding negligent medical professionals responsible and seeking the compensation you deserve for the losses that you and your family have suffered.
We have a track record of sizeable recoveries dating to our founding in 1950, including numerous six- and seven-figure medical negligence awards through settlements and jury trials. Firm attorneys Martin M. Seinfeld and Ira H. Futterman have over 70 years of combined legal experience fighting for clients injured by malpractice. We have the medical know-how, legal knowledge, cutting-edge presentation technology and trial experience to present your case in a clear, concise and understandable manner to a jury.
Types Of Medical Negligence Cases
Common medical malpractice cases we handle include:
- Birth injuries: Injuries to a baby during pregnancy, labor and delivery can be life-altering. We handle cases involving cerebral palsy, brain damage/oxygen deprivation, Erb’s palsy and other injuries to infants and mothers during birth.
- Hospital malpractice: Any mistakes and errors that occur in a hospital setting, including emergency room malpractice and surgical mistakes, need to be investigated with the responsible negligent staff members
- Medication errors: Though doctors’ handwriting is notoriously difficult to read, it is up to pharmacists to ensure that they know exactly what medication to provide and in what dosage. Doctors who did not consider drug interactions, nurses giving the wrong medications and pharmacists errors all are considered malpractice.
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose: Any issues with diagnosing a condition, whether the doctor failed to diagnose the illness or misdiagnosed a patient, can cause unnecessary suffering, injury, further illness or even death.
- Cancer-related errors: Mistakes made during medical care for cancer patients can be especially devastating and result in death. We represent clients who have suffered from errors involving colon cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer and other forms of cancer.
- Dental malpractice: Dentists are held to the same high standards as doctors. Their mistakes can be just as devastating as other medical errors. Our firm handles cases involving all types of dental errors and malpractice.
We have also handled numerous nursing home malpractice cases involving neglect and abuse, including misdiagnosis and improper treatment of bedsores/decubitus ulcers.
Can I Bring A Medical Malpractice Claim?
An important step in pursuing damages in a medical malpractice case is determining what injuries you have suffered and what their cases are. Another step is knowing the time limits you have to bring a case.
In order to understand the extent of your injuries and what occurred during your medical care, we read medical records with the help of an on-staff medical professional, then have the records further reviewed by board-certified medical experts.
Doctors’ records and hospital charts are key to figuring out what happened and whether the case is winnable. Unfortunately, those records are written by the very people whom we are suing. Often, what is written between the lines, or not written at all, is as important as what the records themselves say. Our history means we:
- Have the experience to understand medical records
- Know what to look for in searching the records for the truth
- Have access to high-level medical experts who are willing to provide honest assessment of records both during the analysis of a case and during trial
- Have the resources and experience to fight cases against everyone from sole practitioners to large consolidated health groups
Talk To Us About Your Situation Today
We offer free initial consultations to medical malpractice clients. Call a birth injury lawyer and medical negligence attorney at 866-679-2513 or 718-577-2573. You can also send an email to schedule a meeting at one of our three New York law offices. Our main office is located at the intersection of Queens Boulevard and the Union Turnpike.