Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP
Free Consultations *
For Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Matters Only
toll free: 866-679-2513
Kew Gardens: 718-577-2573
Woodbury: 516-681-0250
contact Menu

Over 60 Years In Queens County

Thank you so much for all your help. You are a true God send and I feel blessed for having your assistance. Wishing you and your family well wishes and a Happy New Year too!

Thank you for “services rendered” to my complete satisfaction. On that note, a special thank you to Judy Ramirez and Veronica Fuentes for their many contributions. With your knowledge and experience...

Thank you for doing such a great job representing my son on the purchase of his condo. As I am sure you could tell, he was very nervous about the whole thing, been waiting for the other shoe to...

On behalf of the family of the Estate of Marlene U., I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the law firm of Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP for its unwavering commitment...

I feel blessed that somehow your firm in and my life crossed because the result is the quality of my mother’s life in respect to current and future needs is secure …

Dear Martin and Ira, thank you so much for working so hard on my case for so many years. My life changed 10 years ago when this occurred. I'm glad this chapter of my life has closed.

Just wanted to express how happy I am with your firm. I have known you for over 15 years starting with the purchase of my first home and when I continued utilizing your services when...

Words can not fully express how grateful and impressed I am with your outstanding services. Working with you and your staff not only made me feel comfortable and reassured but ...

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for your efforts over the last two years regarding my case. Your attention to the details surrounding-my case was second to none...

Me sentir bien comoda con mi dos abogados, el Sr. Martin y el Sr. Futterman, que me trataron mi caso con mucha delicadeza y puecieron mucho tiempo en mi case

Read More Testimonials
view our Practice areas

What are the causes and risks of fetal death?

According to findings published in VeryWell Family, roughly six of every 1,000 births that occur between 20- and 27-weeks is a stillbirth. Early stillbirth, which occurs when the fetus is between 20- and 27-weeks gestation, is only slightly more common than late stillbirths, or those that occur after 28 weeks. Sadly, roughly one in four stillbirths will not have an explanation. If you recently experienced a stillbirth in New York, you may have several questions, the biggest of which is ? This post will do its best to answer your questions.

As mentioned above, 25 percent of stillbirths will occur without any medical explanation. The remaining 75 percent generally occur because of one of six reasons. Those reasons are as follows:

  •       Genetic abnormalities
  •       Placental dysfunction, which often causes fetal growth restriction
  •       Congenital birth defects
  •       Placental disorders such as placental abruption
  •       Uterine rupture
  •       Complications with the umbilical cord 

An expectant mother may present risk factors that increase her possibility of experiencing a stillbirth. Some such risk factors include low socioeconomic status that creates barriers to adequate healthcare; poor overall health such as diabetes, kidney disease and hypertension; advanced maternal age; carrying more than one baby, especially if the pregnancy was possible via in vitro fertilization; domestic violence; a history of pregnancy issues; and a history of prior stillbirths. If a person experiences one or more stillbirths, her risk of experiencing a subsequent stillbirth increases by two to 10 times.

The information in this post is not meant to serve as legal advice. It is for educational purposes only.

 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Privacy Policy | Law Firm Marketing by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.