Experienced litigation attorneys
who will fight for you
Ira H. Futterman Retired
Ira H. Futterman litigated cases in federal and NY Supreme Courts. Since 1974, he focused on medical malpractice cases involving birth trauma; hypoxia, surgical, OB/GYN, orthopedic, neurological errors; misdiagnosis; hospital negligence and wrongful death.
His is a member of the American Association for Justice, NY State Trial Lawyers Association, American Bar Association and Queens County Bar Association, serving on it's Medical Malpractice Committee. A graduate of NY Law School, he is admitted to practice in NY State since 1968, as well as federal courts in NY and California.
Mr. Futterman has been cited by Martindale-Hubbel as having "reached the height of professional excellence" and is recognized for his "highest levels of skill and integrity" in the legal profession. He has a distinguished history of civic involvement, volunteering his time for groups such as the Federal District Court Pro Bono Panel on Employment Discrimination and the Long Island Y.M.C.A. Currently, he sits on the Board of Directors for the Queensborough Community College Fund.
Whether participating in a world class sail race or trying a NY Supreme Court case, Ira is known for his in depth knowledge, competitiveness and quick mind.
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Queens County Bar Association (Medical Malpractice Committee), Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- New York, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York