Buying an apartment building is a major investment. At Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP, we have significant experience assisting clients in purchasing apartment buildings and other large properties. One wrong step or missed piece of information can set back your purchase, costing you time and money.
Providing Experienced Real Estate Attorney Experience
For more than 60 years, our law firm has represented real estate buyers and sellers throughout the New York City and Long Island areas. We will take steps to protect your down payment and assist you with the following:
- Reviewing tenant leases for potential issues you need to be aware of
- Reviewing and negotiating the apartment building contract
- Ordering and review title search to ensure there are no violations against the building or individual apartments
- Ensuring the certificate of occupancy is correct and the premises are legal
- Evaluating our client's mortgage options
- Reviewing anticipated closing costs in advance
- Reviewing tax considerations
- Scheduling and coordinating the closing
- Attending the closing and providing closing statement
- Providing copies of signed documents
If you are purchasing an apartment building with rent-stabilized tenants, we will conduct searches at the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) to make sure there are no pending complaints against the owners for overcharges or for any rent reduction orders.
Attorney Lynn L. Sirotkin, having routinely performed real estate closings, can also assist in such matters.
How To Contact Our Law Firm
Contact one of our experienced lawyers at Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP, in Queens by calling 866-679-2513 or 718-577-2573 to discuss your real estate needs. We will protect your interests and make sure that your transaction is handled smoothly and efficiently.