Life-saving and life-improving drugs can quickly cause serious injuries and even wrongful death when taken in the wrong quantities or when prescribed incorrectly. At the New York law firm of Futterman, Sirotkin & Seinfeld, LLP, our six-member lawyer team has provided legal assistance to victims of medication errors for a combined 80 years.
Drug, pharmaceutical and medication mistakes usually happen in one of several ways:
- Pharmacists are unable to correctly read doctors' handwriting
- Doctors fail to fully review patients' medical histories or fail to diligently monitor patients, leading to overuse and overdoses
- Medical professionals incorrectly write down incorrect drug amounts. This error frequently involves decimal errors, i.e., 10 milligrams of a drug are prescribed instead 1.0 milligrams.
Simple medical mistakes can cause terrible consequences. For example, we recently handled a case for a young woman who had fallen and fractured her leg while in the hospital. The operation to fix the fracture was a success. She was properly prescribed blood thinners. Unfortunately, she was allergic to them. Even more unfortunately, the hospital continued to provide them for two days after her doctor ordered that the medication be stopped. A hemorrhage in and damage to her adrenal system resulted. We obtained $800,000 for her for her injuries.
We Are Prepared To Provide The Assistance You Need
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a suspected medication error, contact our firm for a no-charge consultation. Our extensive casework experience is supplemented by:
- Our track record of success. We have resolved hundreds of medical malpractice cases, including dozens of cases that resolved for over $1 million.
- Our firm employs an in-house medical professional who can quickly provide professional insight regarding medication errors.
- Our firm has thrived since 1950 due to our results and superior client service. One recent medical malpractice client wrote "[you] helped me understand the big problems caused by the negligence of the doctors...the money that my son receives will be utilized for his immediate necessities that he requires in his daily life."
Our goal is to work with all of Queens's communities and to win the compensation that is so needed and deserved by victims of medication errors. For more information, please call 866-679-2513 or 718-577-2573, or send an email to our New York law firm to arrange a free consultation with an attorney.